On today’s show we welcome, Dr. Lovett H. Weems, distinguished professor of Church Leadership and the former Director of the Lewis Centre of Church Leadership, where he currently serves as Senior Consultant.
- Learn more about Lovett’s journey to Church Leadership.
- Why Lovett believes in doing every job well.
- Current developments in 21st Century ministry.
- The growing focus to link seminary theory with practice.
- Coming to understand that it’s not enough to be right.
- Why leaders need to think from an outside in perspective.
- The importance of building a community of culture.
- Why churches need to fall in love with their communities again.
- Learn the value of awareness to what is going on around you.
- Discover the people who have inspired Lovett the most.
- Understanding that leadership is not about you.
- The core values and pain points of Lovett’s leadership.
- Why Lovett believes humility is missing from leadership.
- And much more!
Dr. Lovett H. Weems, Jr., is distinguished professor of church leadership and senior consultant of the Lewis Center for Church Leadership at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, DC.
Weems was the founding director of the Lewis Center in 2003, coming to the position after 18 years as president of Saint Paul School of Theology in Kansas City, Missouri. He became senior consultant in 2017.
A native of Mississippi, he was a local church pastor in that state for many years. His years in local church ministry in Mississippi were marked by emphasis on both evangelism and social concerns. His work in Mississippi led the distinguished Mississippi writer Willie Morris to describe him as “one of the persons who added much to the growing civility of Mississippi.”